We’ve partnered a Big 4 firm in Bermuda to help them find a U.S. Tax Senior, Manager and Senior Manager. The roles are international, high-profile positions that form key parts of the group's U.S. tax offering in Bermuda.
TELL ME ABOUT BERMUDA Bermuda is well-known for being a major financial services hub, uniquely coupled with a number of key lifestyle benefits such as; an amazing climate, beautiful beaches, great expat community and high salaries. It’s also well located between the U.S. and Europe (New York is just a 90-minute flight away).
The U.S. tax work that this Big 4 firm takes on is highly complex and interesting; the U.S. tax team provides U.S. tax services to the global financial services sector - mostly insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds & entities in the ILS sector.
Working closely with the Tax Director and Partner you will:
● Provide U.S. tax compliance and advisory services to corporations and/or partnerships operating in the global financial services sector including insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds, and/or entities operating in the insurance-linked securities (ILS) sector
● Oversee the preparation and/or review of tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 for a diverse range of entities, from standalone captive insurance companies to large multinational SEC registrants
● Assist Bermuda-based entities in understanding and addressing an ever-evolving range of international tax provisions (e.g. CFC, PFIC, BEAT) as refined by the TCJA and subject to potential further revisions in 2021 (e.g. SHIELD, revisions to GILTI provisions, BEPS 2.0)
● Coordinate a diverse portfolio of tax clients and be responsible for delivering high-quality service and advice
● Manage a skilled, multi-disciplinary team of tax professionals (depending on seniority) responsible for engagement delivery and take an active role in the continuous development of staff
● Relevant U.S. tax experience (preferably with a Big 4 firm) with U.S. technical tax concepts related to (re)insurance companies, investment funds, foreign trusts, and/or corporate executives and other high net worth individuals;
● CPA designation OR U.S. Lawyer degree OR Enrolled Agent qualification is required;
SO, WHY BERMUDA?
A career offshore in Bermuda offers; a family-friendly environment (quality education & support), top-tier healthcare, pink sand beaches, international sports, an incredible climate and complex, interesting tax work. Full relocation assistance, a competitive salary and low tax are on offer.For more information on this opportunity, take a look at the PDF below and get in touch.